Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Book Review: The Mass

The Mass by Cardinal Donald Wuerl and Mike Aquila




I almost didn't get this book to review, but I am so glad I did. At first I thought I'm already familiar with the mass, how interesting can this book be? But, this book is definitely for any Catholic wether a cradle Catholic or just welcomed in! 

What I really love about this book, is that it breaks it down into every part of the mass you can think of from the homily to the garments, to the church calendar. It gives not only a detailed explanation of history and meaning but gives pictures. So many people find the mass boring and fall away from the church because of that but it's because not many Catholics today fully understand the Mass or see the beauty in it. This book teaches the beauty and helps you fall in love with the Mass. 

It's also great that it is written in short easy to read chapters! A very fast read for a long afternoon or great to split up for a chapter each night. In spite of it's short and to the point chapters, it really does get the details in. It doesn't just cover the readings in one chapter but splits it up explaining the first reading separately from the second. 

I would recommend this book to any and every Catholic! To understand the Mass fosters a deeper love for it and deeper understanding of God's love for us. 


    Blogging for Books provided this book to me for free in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment