Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Not Alone Series: Survey


Linking up here!

1. Age
 20 (21, this September!!)

2.  Area of country (be as specific or vague as your comfort levels allow :)
 Dallas, Texas

3.  # of previous relationships (....as in, at least "FB official")
     2. I've been single for a little over a year now!

4.What do you do with your life? School? Work? Both? Neither?
 I've been a middle school social studies major for a while now but have recently changed to just History. I still plan on taking the tests so that I am able to teach because I think that's a great option I always want to have, but I love history and researching too much!

I also work as a nanny to an adorable little baby girl!

5.  What's your family like? (let's see some pics!)
I don't really have many family pictures. We just aren't a very picture taking family and the ones that we do have are at home and not on my school computer! The closest I've got is a picture of my cat on my phone...

My parents divorced when I was little but I'm really close to both of my parents. My dad's a lot like me so it's always easy to talk to him about things. My mom is almost the opposite of me, but she's my mom, I can't imagine not having her support and love in my life.

 I have two much younger brothers (one of which is making his first communion this year, so as his Godmother I'm pretty excited!)

Although none of my grandparents are living today, my grandparents had a profound affect on my life and how I view grandparents in family. Especially my grandmother who lived with us when I was little, she was my best friend! We did everything together and I know someday I want my parents as involved in my kids' lives as my grandparents were in mine!


6. How did your parents meet? (let's hear the story!!)
They met at a social during their sophomore year (maybe Junior year, it's been a while since I heard this story!) and just started talking and it went from there! They got married after college and moved to Texas. Not the most exciting story there is! haha! 

7. Confirmation saint name and why (if you were Catholic at that point in your journey)
My confirmation saint was Saint Cecilia. I picked Saint Cecilia because well um... this picture...
She was wearing pink, I liked the name Cecilia, and I thought she was so pretty. I guess Cecilia won out since my second choice was Saint Anastasia, and only because I liked the name. The other choices I remember? Saint Dymphna ( wearing pink) and Saint Lucy (wearing blue!). Although my decision making skills in eighth grade weren't the best, I promise I now have more substantial reasons for liking Saint Cecilia.

8. Favorite Gospel?

No favorite, I like to open one at random and read in different places!


9.  What are the top three qualities you're looking for in a husband? (who knows, maybe one of us has a cousin or friend to connect you with! ;)
Besides being Catholic which is my obvious number 1 thing,

   1.  I want him to be very into family. I think when your getting to know someone it tells you a lot about them in how they treat their family and how they feel about them. I also want a big family so they'd have to want that too!

   2. Humble. I don't think I ever thought much about this until I dated a guy who was not in the least humble to put it nicely. I think it is a very attractive trait in a guy to be humble. Confident in themselves and who they are, but always humble.

   3. In general just a kind person. Someone I know is filled with love and kindness for those around them.


10.  If you've done online dating, do you have any advice or experiences to share?
My experience was the result of a random freak out where I thought I'd be alone forever while everyone else had babies, and so I signed up to online date and then felt ridiculous. I guess my advice would be when you get those freak outs and think you'll never find anyone don't just jump to online dating. Think and pray about it before you do it, it shouldn't be a solution to a freak out.

11.  Tweetable single-lady advice (140 characters or less of what you'd say to other single ladies)
Live out your faith and always have hope, because God's plan will show itself to you eventually!

12. What is your favorite thing to do outside of blogging and work/school?
My favorite thing to do would be sewing, especially historical sewing! but I also love sewing modern clothing and things for the house. Currently I'm making a quilted bed comforter by hand! 
I love doing genealogy work, searching for people and figuring out mysteries can keep be occupied for hours literally. Usually I have to wait till Summer because I'll get no school work done during the year if I got started on genealogy stuff! 

6 comments:

  1. History and sewing ... So nice! I majored in history too and it's just so much fun to dig into books and search for anwers and stories. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to meet another history major! :) It really is so much fun, I love it!

      Delete
  2. I am in awe of you sewing by hand. I made a couple jeans into skirts last year by hand and it was excruciating. I'm still only learning to sew but I am great with aprons and I am also trying my hand at quilting but I don't think I have the patience to hand sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started learning when I was really little from my Grandma so I've been working at it for quite a while! I don't usually have the patience for handsewing either actually, but I couldn't figure out how to machine quilt the design I wanted into the quilt I'm making! lol!

      That's awesome that you are learning to sew!! I love making aprons too! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved reading about your saint choices! So sweet! :) Good luck in school!

    ReplyDelete