The first thing I loved about this book was right at the start it gives us background information about Mary what we can know and understand from the few lines that give us a tiny glimpse into her life. I love having the background information about being from Nazareth, about what being betrothed to Joseph really means (i.e. not the same as modern engagement). It gives a good historical background to the historical person of Mary.
It then continues on to discuss all various times and moments Mary is mentioned in the bible. What I really loved about it is that it brought up a lot of the original word meanings of the greek text. Personally this is something I'm really interested in so reading what the greek words mean and their significance gave a lot of depth and meaning to the scripture passages.
It's not a terribly long book, it took me about two days to read through but I think it's a book that I will go back and read time and time again. Each chapter is separated by different events, beginning with the Annunciation and ending with Revelations. It was very well written and informative and gives a much deeper meaning to passages we may not have thought so much about before such as the Wedding at Cana.
I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it
You can see more info about the book here
No comments:
Post a Comment