Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Book Review: Hail Holy Queen

Hail Holy Queen
by Scott Hahn

-------------

This book starts off a little confusingly and repeating information that is found from his other books, but he gives a great overview of Mary. At other points in the book I did find it a little hard to get through, but it is nice that he is so specific

He does a great job of tying in the bible with Mary, specifically talking about how she is the new Eve and how she is prefigured in the Old Testament. I particularly enjoy reading these details and the fact that he does discuss the biblical background and parallels between the New Testament and the Old. 

I really enjoyed learning about the role of the Queen Mother  and why the mother of the king is queen and not his wife in the historical context. Which is why Mary is called Queen of Heaven. I've read about this before but I think it's not very well known at all and is extremely interesting! 

As always, I do really enjoy Scott Hahn's books and always learn something even if some of it is repetitive or hard to see the connections. It's a great book about Mary and I definitely would recommend this to anyone who wants to know about Mary and the Catholic perspective on her. The overview of the rosary at the end is great too! 

Blogging for Books provided this book to me for free in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment