Lord, Have Mercy
by: Scott Hahn
Anything Scott Hahn writes, I'm going to pick up and read. I've loved all his books and learned a lot from them and this one was no exception.
One of my favorite parts came from towards the beginning of the book. He explains the story of Adam and Eve and gives this fantastic explanation of it I had never heard before. He explained how the forbidden fruit wasn't some evil tree but in fact was good but... God had called them too give up and sacrifice a lesser good for a greater and supernatural good. He relates this to us sinning because we are choosing the lesser good instead of a supernatural good that is God.
He gives an in-depth explanation of anything and everything having to do with confession. A sacrament that I think isn't as understood as it should be! Another favorite part I liked was his discussion of how God doesn't punish us. We get angry with God because we see him as punishing us for sins, when in truth the punishment for sin is enjoying sin and sinning more. When an instance happens that we blame God for it's often a moment of grace that makes us re-evaluate the sin we've become attached too.
He ends the book with prayers and an examination of conscience. Another great book that should definitely be read by anyone looking to understand the sacrament of confession more!
Blogging for Books provided this book to me for free in exchange for an honest review
No comments:
Post a Comment