Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Daily Readings

Today I was reading out of my little book of daily readings it was about this passage-

"He who despises the word will be destroyed, but he who fears the commandment will be rewarded." - Proverbs 13:13

In the little reflection over the passage it says at one point-
 "Talking about God is easy; living by His Word is considerably harder. Yet unless we are willing to abide by God's laws, all of our righteous proclamations ring hollow. So how can we best proclaim our love for the Lord? By reading- and following- the manual He gave us."  - Hugs, Daily Inspirations Words of Promise

 This really struck me as I read this. Lately as I learn more about my faith I've been talking so much to other people trying to make them see my view and commit to it. I see what my friends do and think they shouldn't do that and try to give them a lesson in Faith. Is it bad to teach others about faith? Of course not, in today's world we need  to be teaching others about our Catholic faith and it's values!
At the same time, I realized right now what I need to be doing is reading God's word and praying and trusting in him. I need to be quiet and listen, not talking. I need to build a foundation and hear God's answers for me.

My friends like everyone has faults, but I shouldn't be focusing on them and trying to point them out and how they can live more in God's faith. I need to focus on the things everyday I do that displeases God so that I can continuously grow in faith and love in Him. It's easy to call others out on what they aren't doing right, but so often when we take the time to look at ourselves throughout the day we have more than enough to repent for. Reading that today I realized it's OK to grow in love by being quiet- by reading and praying and following. Someday God may just call you to a bigger position with much more responsibility- to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment