Recently I was recommended, Pierced By a Sword, It's got good reviews and bad reviews but personally I liked it. It's not about dating, but on that topic, I was really encouraged by one of the character's Becky. She's a Catholic whose come back to the faith after living a life of choosing not the best paths. The guy she finds has never strayed from the faith but what matters to him is that she came back to it. That's a really short summary of it. At times I think I have to be a perfect Catholic to find a husband that will want me, that I need to hide the mistakes from my past. This story just kind of made me realize, with God's grace we are forgiven for our past and the guy who wants to marry you will love you and accept all of you, the past and the future.
And as long as we're on a book theme here... I've also read these books about dating that I recommend. I think they're pretty well known but if you haven't read them I highly recommend them!
The Catholic Girl's Guide to the Single Years
How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul
Okay and then on my list of Dating/ living as a single girl trying to ready herself for marriage list. They are just on my list of books to read eventually, so I don't know if any are good but some of them must be!
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts
- Three to Get Married
- Fill These Hears: God, Sex, and the Universal Longing
- Dressing with Dignity
- Wrapped Up: God's Ten Gifts for Women
- Pure Womanhood
- How to Get to 'I Do': A Dating Guide for Catholic Women
- Becoming the Women God Made You to Be

A few of these I didn't know about so I added them to my wishlist.
ReplyDeleteThere is always something new you can offer, your opinions and insight may be different to someone else's or your way of putting it across may be more relevant to someone than anyone else's.
Hi, Danielle! Thanks for all the book recommendations! My shelf will probably overflow. :)
ReplyDelete